Backup4all 4.7 is now available, this is a major update and we highly recommend downloading and installing the new version. It contains new transfer types for FTP uploads, a new option that allows customizing the list of file types to transfer in ASCII mode and other updates. You can download it here: https://www.backup4all.com/download.html
What’s new in Backup4all 4.7:
- New: Added new transfer types for FTP uploads: Binary, Ascii and Auto
- New: New option that allows customizing the list of file types to transfer in ASCII mode
- New: Time for scheduled jobs is now in the same format as the one on the Windows machine where it’s defined
- Fix: Problems when backing up files/folders with Korean characters
- Fix: Problems when backing up files/folders with Chinese characters
- Fix: Some fixes for SFTP destination.
- Fix: For some FTP/SFTP servers, there was a warning about files uploaded with a different size.
- Fix: Catalog file was not renamed on some FTP/SFTP servers.
- Fix: Backup russian characters from Russian OS and restore to English OS problem fixed.
- Fix: Scheduled tasks created via the new backup wizard did not start in certain situations.
This update is free for all registered users of Backup4all 4.x (i.e 4.0 – 4.6), for previous version owners (i.e. 3.x, 2.x) you have the option to upgrade by visiting https://www.backup4all.com/upgrade.html
As always we welcome any feedback regarding this release, so feel free to add your comment here or add a post on our Forums if you’re already a member.