[Expired] Giveaway – 10 licenses for HitmanPro
SurfRight, the company that develops HitmanPro, agreed to provide us 10 licenses for their program to organize a giveaway for our readers. The rules are simple, as with previous giveaways all you have to do is sign-up via a widget:
- The winners will have the same benefits as a regular paying customers, each of the 10 licenses will be valid for 1 year
- The contest begins today, April 12, 2013 and ends on April 18, 2013
- The winners will be selected randomly and the licenses will be sent via email, so it is important to use a valid e-mail address
- No cheating allowed (i.e. don’t use multiple accounts to sign-up for the same giveaway).
When the giveaway ends the winners will be announces in this blog post so it’s recommended to subscribe to our RSS feed to receive instant notifications. Sign-up for the giveaway using the widget below:
HitmanPro is a second opinion malware scanner, which means that it will help rescue your computer after it was infected with malware even if other antivirus programs were already on your computer and failed to prevent the infection. HitmanPro doesn’t even need to be installed, you can put it on an USB stick and run it from there. You can read more about it on their official webpage.
Everytime you install an antivirus you get a warning if there’s already another one running to uninstall the old one first. This is not the case with HitmanPro, as it can run alongside other antivirus programs and do the job they failed to do. It scans the computer very fast (a scan can take as little as 5 minutes) and has other important features that make it a great solution to remove malware:
- Behavioral Scan. HitmanPro uses a scanning engine that detects suspicious behavior and automatically isolates the threats.
- Scan Cloud. If a file is detected as suspicious, HitmanPro will send a request to a Scan Cloud that certifies if the file is indeed malware. The Scan Cloud is actually a group of computers that combined offer a lot of processing power and are able to recognize threats very fast. It sends back an answer to the request with details about the suspicious file, if it’s safe or not.
- Malware Removal. All files that are confirmed malware are quarantined and HitmanPro uses various techniques to ensure that there are no false positives and that all threats have been fully removed.
Have you tried HitmanPro before or are currently using it? If so please share your opinion with the other readers and don’t forget to recommend the giveaway to your friends (your odds at winning increase based on additional action that you take). Good luck everyone!