Update: The contest has ended, we’ve contacted the winners and started sending the licenses. Here’s the list of winners: Ayan Haldar, Fahim Amir, Sam Kar, Ghosst My, Alex Badanuk, Tibor Gyurka, petrovic v, Konstantyn Zawadzki, Peter Warezow, Mohammad Wasiullah. If you are on this list and haven’t received an email from us yet (maybe it was trapped in the spam folder), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your license.
Protecting 170 million PCs, MACs and Android devices, avast! is one of the most popular antivirus solutions. Over time it received 50 VB100 (Virus Bulletin) passes and I have yet to see a comparison where avast! is not included.
Starting today we’re organizing a contest at the end of which 10 lucky winners will receive licenses for avast! Internet Security 2013. If you’re already using their popular free edition, now is the time to participate and switch to the full security protection suite.
When the contest will end we will email the winners and announce them on our blog too so it’s recommended to subscribe to our RSS feed to receive instant notifications. Contest rules are the same as with previous promotions, everyone can join for free:
- Each of the 10 licenses is valid for 1 year and can be installed on 1 PC
- The winners will have the same benefits as a regular paying customer
- The contest begins now, March 13, 2013 and ends on March 20, 2013
- The winners will be selected randomly and contacted via email (if the winner doesn’t reply in 5 working days after receiving the notification email, we reserve the right to select someone else from the reserves)
The cumulative value of this contest is $500 and to participate you simply have to join via the widget below:
About avast! Internet Security
With avast IS you can protect your personal data from all possible intrusions, be it viruses, email scams spyware or data theft with the help of some powerful incorporated tools:
- Antivirus engine. The core of avast! that blocks viruses and spyware from getting on your computer.
- Firewall. It comes with an integrated firewall that blocks hacker attacks and prevents identity theft. As with most firewalls, it’s important because it also tells you which programs want to access the internet, so you have full control over what your installed programs do.
- Antispam. Your emails will be filtered and phishing attempts removed, as well as unwanted emails.
- Remote assistance. If you experience problems with your computer you can let a friend connect to it remotely to provide assistance.
- Safezone. You are protected while shopping or doing online banking.
- Sandbox. This is an interesting feature as it allows you to create a virtual space (not on your computer) where you can run certain programs in a sandbox to test if they’re harmful or not.
- Lots of other features which you can check directly on the main avast! website at http://www.avast.com/en-us/internet-security
Did you try avast! before or are you currently using it? If so please share with us and other readers your opinion on it and don’t forget to join the contest. Good luck everyone!