A new major version was released, Backup4all 5.3. The main feature is the support for emailing reports in HTML format, a new interface language, as well as important updates for existing features. You can download the latest version here: Download Backup4all 5.3.
Here’s an overview on what was added in the recent version:
- New: Email notifications can now be sent in HTML format not only plain text
- New: Added templates for HTML email notifications
- New: Added Catalan language for user interface
- New: The installer will check for updates and offer to install the latest version
- New: Added backup type on statistics page
- New: Folder name case is now updated in destination
- New: Added more information to logs and updated messages
- Fix: Service timeout when starting the computer due to antivirus scan delay
- Fix: Fixed ErrorCode in installer for email subject
- Fix: Restore was not working correctly in certain situations
- Fix: Close after run did not work in certain situations
- Fix: Backup list was not refreshed when using All Users
- Fix: Backup could not be cleaned in certain situations
This version update is free for all users that have an existing valid license of Backup4all 5.x.
However, this version is not free for users of previous versions of Backup4all (1.x – 4.x). If you own a previous version and want to test Backup4all 5, you can install a 30 day free trial here: Download Backup4all 5.
When you’re ready to make the switch, just import the backup jobs from the older version and purchase an upgrade. Prices for upgrades vary depending on what license you currently own, but you can quickly check the pricing by entering your key here: Upgrade Backup4all