Backup4all 5.2 is now available and includes several new features, updates and multiple fixes. The user interface is now translated into German too, a long awaited update by German speakers (and we have plans to release other language in the near future too).
The new release also brings some interface refreshments both in terms of changing text (i.e. “New Backup” now becomes “New Job”) and redesigning some sections such as the Notification window.
Another improvement is making it easier for the user to view and organize certain types of jobs. We’ve added a “Jobs with warnings” filter in the Navigation pane, scheduled jobs now show an extra icon overlay-ed on top of the job icon plus you can now see a tag for Scheduled jobs.
You can download the latest version here: Download Backup4all 5.2.
Here’s an overview on what was added in the recent version:
- New: Interface is now available in German
- New: Added “Jobs with warnings” filter in the Navigation pane
- New: Scheduled jobs now show an extra-icon in the main job layout view
- New: “Last Run Result” column added on the Scheduler view
- New: Added new tag for “Scheduled jobs”
- New: Jobs and tags are sorted alphabetically by default
- New: In Card and List view mode you can do multiple selections using the keyboard
- New: Added keyboard shortcuts for Jobs/History/Scheduler buttons in the Navigation pane
- Update: Notifications window completely redesigned (new actions, redesigned icons)
- Update: Total Backup time is now included in the log
- Update: “Alternate zipping mode” is enabled by default for network backups
- Update: Layout actions were renamed
- Update: Renamed customize filter caption
- Update: All notification messages can be configured to display collapsed or expanded
- Update: Disconnected mapped network drives will be re-connected during backup/restore
- Update: Modified displayed text for smart backup type
- Update: Show number of jobs in status bar
- Update: Modified text for customizing ribbon and password options
- Fix: “List index out of bounds” when dragging filter checkboxes
- Fix: “Remove excluded and deleted files” error when disconnecting mapped network drives
- Fix: FROM field for emails will only show the name
- Fix: Type of source is included in the log file
- Fix: Minor display fixes for radio buttons and tray icon
- Fix: Installer text corrections
- Fix: “Try Again” after cancelling an installation didn’t work
This version update is free for all users that have an existing valid license of Backup4all 5.0 or 5.1
However, this version is not free for users of previous versions of Backup4all (1.x – 4.x). If you own a previous version and want to try Backup4all 5, you can install a 30 day free trial here: Download Backup4all 5.
When you’re ready to make the switch, just import the backup jobs from the older version and purchase an upgrade. Prices for upgrades vary depending on what license you currently own, but you can quickly check the pricing by entering your old key here: Upgrade Backup4all